Blogmas day 6: What YouTube/Blogs made me buy. Beauty edition.

I've seen this for a while, but these past few months everyone has been taking part. So I thought I might as well add mine to the list too.








Looking at majority of my make up it was influenced by YouTube or a blog post. I always read up on reviews before I buy something so all it takes is a video and a few posts for me to buy something.


The Balm Mary Lou Manizer highlight £17.49


One of the best highlights out there, if it had't been for YouTube I don't think I would have heard of The Balm as a brand. This is the only thing I've tried from The Balm, there not the most expensive brand to buy from but they aren't the cheapest. But Mary Lou is worth every penny.

Maybelline colour tattoo £4.99
Who hasn't tried these? On and on bronze anyone? I still have this somewhere in my make up box I'm sure of it. Proably all dried up like, but they are actually really good shadow bases and to wear on their on. I still use and buy them to this day. Maybelline have came out with new formulas of them creamy matte and leather effect, which are the same thing I think. Try them, if you haven't already.

Nivea post shave balm £5.29
Thank you Nikkie Tutorials, for recomending this as a primer, it's actually not bad like. Don't think it's the best out there but it's still alright wee primer. Haven't used it in ages, have to start using it again, to see how I get on with again.

Real Techniques brushes

The creation of Pixiwoo, I can't say a bad word about Sam and Nic and their brushes. They have a wide range from kinder to your bank account to not so kind. I've only tried their orginal brushes, I really want to try some of their bold metals collection. They are great for everything, face and eyes. I've been obessed with their miracle complexion sponge for sppyling my foundation, just makes it look really nice and quciker to apply and blend into the skin,

Urban Decay Naked Palette £38.50
I got this for Christmas 2 years ago and it's still going strong. Kind of wish it wasn't velvet packaging and it had a bigger mirror. But the shadows really let me look past that, they are just fab. They last all day and they actually look just as good at the end of the night as to when you first applyied them.

Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette £38.50
Now the smoky palette, I thought was spelt smokey but apparently not, This palette is the complete oppusite of the origanl naked palette, its darker and smoker as you would kind of guess by the name. But I love, it comes with shimmers, mattes and range from light to dark. It's brilliant, honestly I didn't think I would've gotten as much use as I have out of it.

Colour Pop, as a brand overall
Colour pop, I defiantly would not have even heard of it if it weren't for YouTube, here's my Colour Pop first impression. Who orders from Colour Pop and doesn't order a highlight? That's right, I'm still not ok with this.

Soap & Glory
I would not have even  realised that soap & glory had a make up range if it weren't of YouTube. I don't shut up about Soap & Glory make up as it is, here's some posts which I've talked about Soap & Glory make up haul another haul.

Rimmel Kate Moss matte lipstick in 107 £5.49
Now Zoella made me buy this, I can't believe I never seen it before I seen it on YouTube because it's a very me colour.

If it weren't for the beauty community online, I don't think I would even take care of my skin as I do now. Or even have an interest in beauty.


What has YouTube/blogs made you buy?


Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram Pinterest Snapchat

Lauren xx

1 comment

  1. Absolutely love Rimmer 107! Such a gorgeous colour, and I always get so many compliments on it. I actually still haven't tried the Maybelline Colour Tattoo's, really need to fix that ha

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete